Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Carnafacul and my 22nd Birthday!!

May 25, 2013

CARNAFACUL!!! This is a carnival in Florianopolis that is similar to the carnivals that take place in Feb. in major cities all over Brazil, but on a smaller scale. On Saturday May 25th, we all decided to buy tickets and go to this crazy party to celebrate both my and Grace's birthdays, and I am so glad we did because we had the time of our lives. The party was total madness (in a good way!), everyone was having a good time, dancing, drinking, and partying in a huge stadium that was FULL of people. They had floats that would play the live music that was amplified through out the whole stadium, and of coarse... I had to get on one. You are not supposed to be on the float unless you are part of the famous bands playing or a special guest (but since when has that stopped me) so a couple hours into the party my friend Crystal and I decided we were going to crash one of those float parties and get up there to DANCE! and we did! we were able to sneak our way onto one and we road around the whole stadium up on top of the float (which is like a stage on wheels) and we were dancing and waving to everyone like we were rock stars! It was a blast! After that party, I absolutely want to go to carnival in Salvador or Rio in the future, because if Carnafacul was that much fun, and it's so small compared to the real thing, than carnival must be INSANE...

unfortunately i did not have my camera that night, so these are the only pictures I have...

Here are some pictures I stole from so friends to give you an idea of what the people were doing, and how many people and tents, and stages there were!


The view from the top of the float!!!!



May 27, 2013 aka MY BIRTHDAY! 

Today was a nice day, I had lunch with some friends at my favorite Italian food restaurant in Floripa called It's Italian (tastes like the real deal, home made, with love lol). Then Crystal and I hung out, girl talk (always fun :D ) and went to dinner at my favorite Mexican food restaurant in Floripa (can you see my priorities...) called Guacamole with a little group, which was a blast (I got a free shot of tequila which always = a good night), then headed to our favorite little hang out spot called the Sandwhicharia de Ilha and had some drinks. Overall an awesome birthday [I am kind of sad to not be 21 any more though, but it was a good run, I guess it's time to move on to good old 22] , I really appreciate all my friends here making it feel like a special day. (and the birthday cards from mom helped too ;) love you mom <3 ) 



No comments:

Post a Comment